Keeping Up With the Joneses

In Horizons

Sunday, September 7, 2008

My Place

Alright well I finally have gotten my room all figured out and so I thought I would post some pictures so that everyone could see my room and everything. My room is quite a lot smaller than I had imagined it to be before getting here, so things are a bit cramped but I guess I will get used to it! The picture below is what is on our entertainment center when you first walk in. Yeah we made those. : )


This is what is on the outside of my door. Ashlee brought this back for me from Disneyland. I added the border and the flower just to give it a little something extra.
This is the view from my door. As you can see everything is nicely packed together. It took me so long to figure out how to fit my keyboard in my cracker jack box of a room but I finally did it! I of course can't ever open my closet door but hey as long as I have my piano I am good! : )

I of course can't go anywhere without my painting (compliments of Angela) and fairy! That's what makes my room, my room! This is just my closet. I have a few pictures of Christ. The doors are like accordian style and so they open out and so you can see how my keyboard is in the way.




This is just a closer look at my bed. I just wanted to point out that I made my comforter! : ) It took a few days to do but with my aunts help I was able to put it together and i love it! You can't really tell but it is also quilted around the blocks with little daisys on each corner. It was my first time actually making and quiliting a quilt so it is pretty exciting! Probably one of my favorite parts of my room is my picture of Jared and I to the right of my bed. you can't really tell either but I have this little Cinderella glass slipper replica that is in front of the picture and it just looks so cute! : )


This is my desk. It is smashed up against my bed and I know it doesn't really look like it but I literally have to climb into my chair in order to sit down because it doesn't pull out far enough for me to just sit. Yeah that's fun to do. Ashlee thinks it is hilarious everytime I go to use my computer or something and she hears me making noises as I try to squeeze in there or a crash and then "OW" if I just so happen to fall over in the process. And no the drawers on the right side are not part of my desk. That is indeed my nightstand that would not fit anywhere else. I had to get creative. The main focus was on the keyboard! : )

This is my wall to the left of my bed and it is filled with my New York painting, my temple and Hawaii pictures and then of course in the corner is my I Love Lucy antique that I got from Ashlee (my sister). As you can probably tell I love pictures and frames and art and stuff so it wasn't difficult to fill up this wall! And I still have other pictures that I wasn't able to put up anywhere because there wasn't enough room.

This is just a closer look at the top of my desk. I got this new Laugh statue thing just before I left and I love it! I have all my pictures of friends and stuff and then my Princess snowglobe that Jared got for me and then on my wall on the right is my little Jared shrine I guess you could say! haha I just had all these pictures and so I got a little creative with the ones of us I guess and mounted them in these frames and then I put some of his notes that he has written to me around them. I think it looks pretty cute and it just makes me smile when I glance over and read some of the things in his notes. : )

So that is it! I am thinking that I might be taking some stuff home over Christmas break considering that most of it doesn't really fit all that great. Oh well that's all part of college life right? Anyway, tomorrow starts the second week of classes and so far they have been AMAZING so I am pretty excited! I will keep everyone updated on how things are going!

3 comments:

erin said...

I love your place!! It's so cute. I really like the picture frames you & Ashlee made! So cute.
You made that quilt? Holy cow!! Can you say.. Martha Stewart? Haha Good job!! It's way cute.
I bet it's so awesome having your own little place no matter how cramped it is! How fun for you & Ashlee!!

Angela said...

Very cute, though I feel like I've been there already from the virtual tour you gave me the other day. My favorites are definitely the Jared shrine, the quilt, and the beach painting. All I can say is WOW! =) haha
I thought you were packing a little heavy when mom said you're car was stuffed and you shipped four boxes. My first year Amber and I fit both of our belongings into the Eclipse! But, it definitely allows you to make your room YOUR room, so that's good. 1 year 364 days and counting, right?

Drea said...

Wow! You did AMAZING on your room! I love the quilt and I love all the pictures, frames, everything! The only thing I don't see, is a picture of me, you and Jason... hhhmm, we'll have to fix that right away :)