Keeping Up With the Joneses

In Horizons

Thursday, September 18, 2008

It Finally Came! : )



Well today has been absolutley wonderful! I was able to get all my homework done pretty early and I got all my errands done....and oh yeah.....I GOT MY FIRST LETTER FROM JARED!! : ) I am so excited right now! I was just getting so anxious to hear from him and I was on the verge of marching down to the MTC and demanding a letter! haha It has been kind of torturous with him literally right down the street! But anyway I was just wanting to know how he was doing and if he was liking it and stuff. I have been checking the mail everyday for a week and.... nothing. I checked today and never have I been so excited to see a white envelope!! : ) I ran up to my apartment and read it and yes I started crying a bit but they were good tears!
He is doing so well! He loves it and is enjoying every minute! He said that his companion is amazing and that they get along really well, which is good. He told me about how busy his days are but he loves the spirit that he feels constantly and all that he is learning. We are kind of in similar situations; We are both learning SO much and we both love it! : ) He really likes his teachers and said that he finally got to excercise on Saturday! I am just so happy for him! He is doing exactly what he needs to be doing and he has the right attitude and I am just so excited for him! He did mention that he still thinks about me which is kind of
comforting. : ) Just that he is not all depressed about being away from home and that he can just think of all the good times we have had and press forward with the work he needs to do. I will keep you all updated!

7 comments:

Drea said...

He is such a neat guy. I'm so glad you finally got a letter!!

Angela said...

Glad the letter came... and hopefully they keep coming, right? Just think, you could defy gravity, I mean odds by actually being around still when he comes home and him coming home and still being in love with you. I guess time will only tell what's truly in store for you two.

Maybe you'll be making a trip to the temple grounds tomorrow? Just to walk around? I hope your knee feels better.

Drea said...

So CUTE!! I LOVE YOUR NEW PAGE! How did you do the big picture in the background??

erin said...

Yayyyy! How awesome you got your FIRST letter!! Ugh.. don't you just hate waiting for the mail to come when you know something good will be coming.
That's so good Jared loves everything about his mission.. if only everyone had his attitude! :)
Have you "walked" the temple grounds? I would be soooo tempted to! haha

Unknown said...

Man! There's just nothing in this world like REAL mail!!

Dezaree said...

awe.....there is nothing like a letter from a missionary. I remember those days. They were fun.

Angela said...

This is Christian.

Now you can start posting about all your dates!